Beer has been a staple in the lives of people, both rich and poor, around the world for hundreds of years. Over time, much has been said about the simple, delicious, sometimes controversial substance. As the work week winds down, I offer you this list of beer quotes to inspire your weekend activities. Whether you plan to paint the town red, drink a few during the football game, or brew up a batch of your own… read these words and know that you’re not alone.
1. A woman drove me to drink and I didn’t even have the decency to thank her.
– W. C. Fields
2. They who drink beer will think beer.
– Washington Irving
3. Everybody should believe in something — I believe I’ll have another drink.
– W. C. Fields
4. Beer… Now there’s a temporary solution!
– Homer Simpson
5. Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.
– Sir Winston Churchill
6. Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days.
– Ancient Egyptian Credo
7. Give me a woman who truly loves beer and I will conquer the world.
– Kaiser Wilhelm
8. Good people drink good beer.
– Hunter S. Thompson
9. That’s the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.
– Charles Bukowskoi
10. Quaintest thoughts, queerest fancies come to life and fade away. What care I how time advances; I am drinking ale today.
– Edgar Allan Poe